Nathan Ricketts' will

I found the following abstract from the Ohio county, Indiana Will book:

Nathan Ricketts, Sen., 19 Jan 1837, 15 Jan 1847
formerly of Randolph Twp. Dearborn Co., being old and feeble
Wife-Jane
Dau-Rebecca Neal
Son-Edward
Sons-Abram and Nathan
Youngest son-Ephraim and he as executor
To heirs of my eldest son, William, deceased
Dau-Susannah Neal
Dau-Elizabeth Rich, deceased, Jane Shepherd and Ann Ricketts
"X"
Witt: Amos Hastings, James March & Abijah Bennett

Martin. "Ohio County Will Book I." The Hoosier Journal of Ancestry 6 (July 1979): p. 11-13.

I was very exited to find Jane SHEPHERD in this abstract. She is my ancestor and although I knew her maiden name was RICKETTS, I did not know anything about her parents. Now I have her parents names and her siblings.

I was able to find Nathan RICKETTS in the 1820, 1830 and 1840 censuses in Randolph township, Dearborn County, Indiana. He was buried in Carmel or Stone Cemetery in Cass Township, Ohio county, Indiana. His tombstone states that he was born Aug 1765 and died Jan 1847. It also says "Pvt. Col. L. Piper Regt. Revolution War." In the 1840 census, he is listed as a veteran of 81 years which would put his birth at about 1759. I have found his pension file on Footnote.com.

D R Dorrell, Ohio County Cemeteries (Location: Rising Sun, Indiana; Date: 1982;), page 40.

I am working on tracking down the children. There are alot of Ricketts in the Dearborn county, Indiana area and I need to figure out which belongs where.

Ephraim was also buried in Carmel or Stone Cemetery. He died Dec 1890 at 78 years of age. He lived in Randolph township, Ohio county, Indiana (after Ohio county was separated out from Dearborn county). He married Evina.

0 comments: