Social Security Applications

Yesterday I received copies of the Social Security applications of Angela Catharine Couche-Eiswerth and Dewey Francis Bascom.


Catharine's application names her father as Lawerence Couche and her mother as Pauline Albreght. It says she was born in East Palestine, Ohio and was working at St. John's Catholic Church in Susquehanna, Pennsylvania when she applied for her social security number in 1956.


Dewey Bascom says his parents were Willard Theodora Bascom and Susie Jane Sanders. He was born in Dillsboro, Indiana and was working for Trans American Freight Lines in Cincinnati, Ohio when he applied for his social security number in 1936.

Although the death certificates of Dewey's parents gave me their full names, this application does give me his birth place. Catharine's application gives me her father's name and mother's maiden name that I did not have before and it tells me her birth place. I still have not found them on the 1900 or 1910 censuses but I will keep looking.

I know have all the first names and maiden names for 5 generations of my family tree. That was my first goal for working on this project. I still need to find birth and death dates for everyone and continue to move every family out of the United States.

0 comments: