Lewis and Mary Eiswerth

On Tuesday, I tried to figure out who the parents of Edward Charles Eiswerth were. I looked at what I thought was his WWI and WWII draft cards. I also looked at the draft cards of John E and George M Eiswerth. I found that George and Edward had both used their father, Lewis Eiswerth, as their next of kin on their WWI draft cards. On the WWII draft card, George used Edward's name. The connections were starting to form with the family.

I started searching the census records for a Lewis Eiswerth with the children that I had found on John E Eiswerth's obituary: John, Edward, George, Elizabeth and Agnes.

Of course nothing can be so easy as just finding the record. I had to look for everyone named Lewis that lived in Pennsylvania. Finally I found a Lewis Eisenworth in Limestone Township, Lycoming County, Pennsylvania on the 1880 census. He was living with his wife Mary and children: Charley, John, Elizabeth, and Trasy. The birth years matched what I had already found out about John and Elizabeth. Below is a portion of that census.

Then I searched the 1900 census for a Lewis. (The 1890 census records burned in a fire in 1921 and are not available.) I found a record for a Lewis with wife Mary and children: Edward, Augustus, and Agnes. Below is a portion of that census.

Yesterday I received a package of genealogy goodies that Dolly had gotten from Helen (Thanks!). This new information confirmed that my research on Tuesday was correct and that I had found Lewis and Mary and their family. I still need to look at all that Dolly sent me and see treasures it holds.

Please don't forget to leave comments. Just press the comment link below. Dad had some problems (not surprising) about using it. I have it set that you can comment anonymously. You don't need a Google account to comment. Just click on the circle next to the name or anonymous after typing in your comment. You can fill in your name if you choose that option. Let me know if you need any help or if there is something else that you want to see posted.

0 comments: