The Beginning

Hey all! I decided to create a blog so that I can easily share all of my genealogy findings with everybody. Whenever I find something new, I'll try to remember to post it here. Please leave comments so that I can continue to learn about the family and open new paths to find more.

I'm going to start with the first thing I found in the census data. I easily found the family of Eugene and Magdalena Eck by searching for Oma. If only everything could be that easy. Here is a picture of their portion of the census. (Click on it to make it bigger and clearer.)

They owned their home at 294 Woodland Ave and it was valued at $12,000. The census also states that Eugene J Eck was a letter carrier for the US government.

I hope you all enjoy this first discovery. Check for more soon.

1 comments:

Mike said...

I know it isn't as fun as finding new things, but maybe you can get all your material organized as you are posting it to your blog. Keep up the good work.